Bosch dishwasher

Hi,

My Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312 - 7 years old) stopped the other evening, and I haven't been able to discover why. It had been running just over a minute, but hadn't fully emptied the residual water. At that point the pump stopped, and the display and indicator lights went out.

The mains fuse is fine, and I have continuity into the machine, as far as I've been able to get. I am wondering if an internal fuse has blown, but realise life is probably not that simple.

I am aiming to get the front door/panel opened-up today, and this should tell me more, but would be grateful for any hints or advice here - e.g. if there is an internal fuse, where it is likely to be.

Thanks in advance/Paul

Reply to
psf2001uk

I have a washer that did that. Turned out to be a bit of chicken bone in one of the pumps. The one under the drain.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Paul

You might want to remove the side panel, righthand side as you look at the machine. Dishwashers have a float device which can get blocked with gunge. I had to remove and clean mine on a previous Hotpoint model (made by Bosch). Be interested to know how you get on.

David - Milton Keynes

Reply to
David Klyne