Ping Raden/Ed

Potterton Suprima 30-80

Boiler intermittently (every few days) locks out on what I assume is overheat. Unfortunately the unit is some distance away at the flat of an elderly (geriatric) relative so the symptoms leading up to the lock-out are unknown.

Before calling in a service engineer I would like to be better informed; hopefully to avoid a series of call-outs.

Is there anything I should be particularly looking at?

System pressure looks OK, by-pass is open, the slide switch on the controller has lost the *detents* and I don't know what geriatric fingers have been doing in between failures.

Pressing reset invariably gets the boiler going for a few more days.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Don't you watch TV

Mark

In message , Mark writes

I saw some of the discussion in here but did not realise the relevance.

Ta.

Curiously, we have two identical boilers installed at the same time in the same block of flats. Clutching wooden desktop, only one has given trouble!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

This is about the only boiler where you _start_ by assuming it's the PCB and then move on to the other possibilities.

If there was a real cause like pump failure it would happen every day.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

FWIW If you google Suprima PCB a number of people have said that re-soldering all the suspect dry joints cured the problem.

You should also be aware that there have been two revisions to the pcb in an attempt to fix this problem The latest board (mid 2006) is very different to the original and come with a completely new wiring harness, *IF* you can get potterton to replace your pcb with the latest one at a reasonable price this may be better then getting the old original repaired/exchanged.

missing "So far" in txt.

-
Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

I cured a soldering fault on a Profile after some kind advice from Geoff.

The boiler was installed roughly 5 years ago so I guess they won't rush an offer:-(

I'll have a look inside when the weather warms up a bit.

Yes. Perhaps Potterton suffer from *Friday* production issues.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb