Bosch Customer Service going downhill?

Has anyone had any experience of Bosch Customer Service recently? I was rather taken aback by how poor it was, considering their reputation.

My Bosch TWK5300 jug kettle initially looked of good design, but I found it dribbled water from around the lid when pouring.

After a couple of replacements, Bosch CS at first flatly denied that there was any fault with the product and just offered a refund. Then a couple of letters later, an engineer finally said that it was a known fault and quite unapologetically said that they wouldn?t do anything about it, and again just offered a refund by way of resolving the fault.

Were my expectations of a quality product and service too high??? Yes it was only a kettle, but if this is remotely indicative of what Bosch are like now, then I certainly won?t be buying any more of their more expensive products.

Maybe they are becoming like AEG, who used to be very well made but then became just another OEM clone a few years back, whilst continuing to trade on their historically high reputation. I wonder when Mieles will just be Hotpoints underneath??? ;-)

From Bosch's web site, my experience doesn?t exactly fit their professed philosophy:

'It has always been an unbearable thought to me that someone could inspect one of my products and find it inferior in any way. For that reason I have constantly tried to produce products which withstand the closest scrutiny ? products which prove themselves superior in every respect...? Robert Bosch, 1918.

Although I guess he is prolly dead now ;-)

I ended up with Braun AquaExpress WK300 which seems absolutely fine in contrast.

Reply to
Mr B