Bosch 14.4 Drill

I bought a bosch drill driver 14.4 GSR14.4VE2 with two 2.6mA batteries, last year. Are the batteries for the GSR drill/driver range compatible with the GSB combi range?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Yes - I interchange my bosch 14.4v batteries freely between my drill/ driver, combi, and impact driver.

Reply to
dom

Thanks, Dom. After I posted I checked the bosch site and the batteries for these 14.4 range have the same id number.

Can you use different 'strength' (amperages!!??) in the same drill/ driver/combi ?? I mean, if I see a 2.0 amp battery going cheap...

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Yes, I got the drill driver with 1.5Ah Nicad's and the impact driver with 2.6 Ah Nimh's.

Obviously the larger tools will suck a smaller battery dry more quickly, but usually I'll only do that if I'm rapidly cycling through batteries and don't have a fully charged larger battery. Using a larger battery in a smaller tool has no downside.

My cells are beginning to get a bit tired. One of the cheapest ways to get genuine ones is to buy a new tool - I'll probably get the cordless grinder sometime.

Reply to
dom

How does a 14.4v hammer perform for 6mm hole in brick?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

I regularly drill 8mm holes in brick with my combi for multimontis. Means I get the sds out less than I used to.

Reply to
dom

My Makita 14.4 combi does very well, 80% of my fixing is done with it. Bosch should be similar.

Get hold of a Bosch multi material drill - brilliant.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman