Blank wallplate

I'm looking for a wallplate to feed audio/component cable through but I don't want connections on the wallplate. I know there exists a type of wallplate with draught excluder so you can feed the cable into it. I've seen a link to this kind of wallplate on this newsgroup before but I'll be damned if I can find it now. Anyone know where I can get this type of wallplate?

Thanks in advance

Deek

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Derek

In similar circumstances I have used a TV socket wallplate and stripped the gubbins from the back so as to leave just a plate with a hole. Or you use a blanking plate, and drill a hole in it. Either way, you could stick some foam on the back as draft excluder, with the slit to push the cable(s) through.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Andy Burns

You can get flex outlet plates, and cooker outlet plates, easily from any DIY shed. The brush-strip style one may be less widely available locally.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You could use a cooker ouplet plate with the guts removed, this would allow your cables to exit from the bottom neatly.

Sparks

is the one I am after.

Thankyou and thanks for all the other suggestions.

Deek

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Derek

Apart from the size, the brush-strip one looks very similar to what I have on my letterbox. Maybe the OP could use one of those instead?

Reply to
Roger Mills