Installation question - Honeywell Humidifier

Purchased a Honeywell humidifer. Their installation instructions are a little vague. I have what I htink is a High Boy furnace where there is a cold air return on the left side of the furnace and above the furnace is ducting with the AC evap coils and the duct leads up to the warm air supply ducting for the house. Do I make the hole and mount the actual humidifier in the cold air return dicting or on the warm air supply above the furnace? If its the warm air supply then I have an issue in that the only p;ace I can mount it is in front of the Evap coil and from what i am told, the humidity can damage the coil. Please advise. Any help is appreciated and links or diagrams would be even better.

thank you!

Reply to
mangel

return air

Reply to
daytona°

doesnt all that excessive humidity accelerate rusting out the hx on the lowboy?

Reply to
gofish

Your setup is all wrong. Your cold air return should come down on the right side.......Not the left! You'll need to reverse the return air duct first. Then install a ReverseFlow@Ductbooster. Then and only then can you put the humidifier on the return. Otherwise, you are stuck with installing it on the supply plenum. A new thermostat is always a wise install with a new humidifier. Dont forget the new low voltage wiring. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Ask Home Depot or where ever you bought it from.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Humidity won't damage your coil. LOL It removes humidity all summer long. Besides it doesn't matter if use install on the supply or return, humidity gets sucked thru the return, the heat exchanger and the coil, no harm. Static pressure is the problem.

In your case install the humidifier on the return, mount the humidistat on the return at least 11" above the humidifier.

Use copper 1/4" and supply hot water. Make sure you don't wire the thing to run continously.

I need to know type of furnace and if you run the fan continously. Then I can tell you how to wire it. There are many options.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
mangel

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

yeah, and Mikey is just a wonderus pile of horse shit who likes to flood newsgroups and fake other peoples names. He is a real upstanding guy. NOTTTTT Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The wonderus pile of horseshit is what drips off your fingers everytime they touch the keyboard.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

Bubba posted for all of us...

Good advice Bubba!

January special is drywall anchors. Don't forget you need the drywall anch= ors=20 for mounting the stats and your new wire. I was considering a special on w= ire=20 ties and clips but my vendor is out of town for an indeterminate time so I = will=20 have to hold back. I'm also trying to work a deal with Boosters=AE but the= y know=20 the market so it will be awhile but don't hesitate to recommend all their= =20 models as they monitor this group and we intend to reward your loyalty.

--=20 Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Actually, it's what dripped down your mamma's leg after that horse got offa her. Unfortunately, you were still somehowl created. And what a worthless, pitiful pile of shit that is. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

No he didn't he must have posted for you and he ONLY

Good advice Bubba!

January special is drywall anchors. Don't forget you need the drywall anchors for mounting the stats and your new wire. I was considering a special on wire ties and clips but my vendor is out of town for an indeterminate time so I will have to hold back. I'm also trying to work a deal with Boosters® but they know the market so it will be awhile but don't hesitate to recommend all their models as they monitor this group and we intend to reward your loyalty.

Reply to
daytona°

I humbly recommend that the humidistat control that comes with the humidifier be mounted quite a distance further up along the return... that way, if you ever install an HRV fresh air ventilator, your humidistat will be located before the HRV supply tap into the return (and therefore read more accurate indoor humidity). The HRV supply is usually put in at least 8 ft up from the where the return meets the furnace.. I put my humidistat about 15ft away (I have a dedicated return for the HRV).

Go buy a nice brass lever-type shut-off for the water (compression ones are real easy to install--just cut out the pipe and tighten in the shut-off) and don't use that stupid hole-poker that comes with the humidifier.

As for wiring, just check you furnace manual and look for a "24v HUM" tab on the schematic (or even a section explaining how to install a humidifier). If there's no mention of "24v", you might have a 120v HUM terminal in which case you would need to use that transformer that came with your humidifier. Use a voltmeter to check first while the furnace is running on heat (the HUM terminal may not activiate otherwise). You may have to fool the furnace to run heat while the door is open by pushing that saftey switch in...

Peace, Dan

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
dantheman

Bubba forgot to ask if you're in the southern hemisphere. Cold return air is on the left, on the other side. It's got to do with the rotation of the Earth. Please consider a major system rework.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Awwwww..... you're no fun. Bubba can be so ammusing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you're living in the northern hemisphere, you may need to order a special HLSRAHABH. That being a Honeywell Left Side Return air Hot Air Bypass Humidifier. Of course, we could be just funning with you.

I've installed a bunch of Aprilaire 600 model humidifiers, it's probably the same concept.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Flamed by a low life thief. Im crushed. LOL

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

Simple minds are easily amused..

Reply to