BES

Having moaned about Screwfix's 'next day' deliveries always taking 2 days, I feel one should also praise companies that do manage next day service. Somebody here recommended BES and they have supplied plumbing stuff on time

3 out of 3 so far.

G&M

Hello G&M

Always seem to, but it depends on the courier.

Usually they delivered to me via citylink or some other courier who uses employees cars (one guy even delivered a screwfix parcel in a brand new range rover), but a got an order through last week that was done by parcelforce.

I like parceforce because if nobody is around and they need a signature, they take it to the local post office. Citylink's nearest depot is 50 minutes away and keeps odd hours.

Anyway - I ordered online on Thursday at about 2.30PM. Got an email saying it had been collected by PF at 5.45. Turned up next day - all on basic delivery fee.

And the order was complete and well packed.

Don't know how good their service will be when they move up north though.

(Old shower out today, new feed piping chased into walls and mixer fixed.)

Reply to
Simon Avery

I'm glad you get a good service from them. I've tried three time to get a catalogue from them on line with zero success! On the other hand I can't recall the last time I did NOT get next day service from Screwfix. Having read numerous threads on less than ideal Screwfix service, it does seem to depend quite a lot on where the recipient is located with respect to the distribution network. I get my goods sent to work where most national carriers call nearly every weekday.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin