Screwfix done me proud

As there seem to be lots of Screwfix whinges at the moment I will counter by saying that I placed and order on last Friday evening and it arrived complete and intact on Monday

Excellent service Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

In message , Anna Kettle writes

I've had two orders delivered next day this week.

Someone somewhere (maybe God) has a sense of humour though, they enclosed a 'customer satisfaction ' survey :-)

Reply to
chris French

Well...... You ordered one day, they delivered the next, presumably the right stuff? Are you happy? Presumably......

Given that they've had logistics problems recently, putting out a survey to check satisfaction on orders that are believed to have been delivered OK isn't a bad idea

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Yep.

Oh sure, it just made me smile when I saw it.

Reply to
chris French

For the first time ever (on hundreds of orders) I have had something missing. They will of course be sending it on. This may be a symptom of the new warehouse troubles. [A few years ago I had a couple of deliveries wher I got someone else's stuff. ]

The web site being closed hardly effects me as I order mostly in the evenings. I can't also imagine it has much effect on total sales? Surely people just wait until they are open again?

From my point of view the more poducts they have in the catalogue the better, they are far more extensive than toolstation. If I have to order from several different catalogues (TLC, BES...) then making up the minimum order size becomes more difficult.

I typically email them once a month to say why don't you stock so and so and I would say about 90% of the time the requests will be acted upon and the item included in the next season's catalogue.

For me the service is effectively a 3 day wait. Monday see the need for X. Monday evening order X (plus other less important stuff to make up £45). Wednesday it arrives at my house. Thursday it is used on the job.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
mackem

However even before the 'troubles' if you ordered anytime on Saturday you would not have got the stuff until Tuesday? Or do you prefer to be dissappointed at the checkoput rather than earlier?

Reply to
Ed Sirett