Bending jigsaw blades

Yes, on a self (new) build all his jigs work. Back in the real world where nothing is square and uniform, especially on houses of a certain era all of the demonstrated jigs etc. are not that practical for saving time. While the product(s) he is demonstrating are good the main message appears to be measure twice, cut once and don't bodge it and it could save your time in the future.

Reply to
alan_m

In my experience new <> square.

Over the years we have lived in houses of many different eras, the 'squarest' on is actually (rather pleasantly) our present house which was built some time aound 1930.

By far the worst was (well, is, actually, we still own it) a 1960s built block of flats which is truly awful.

Reply to
Chris Green

Well the answer to the OP is it was the jigsaw. Bought a decent Makita and tried a long cut on a length of the Celotex and the cut was true and straight and absolutely perpendicular. That is going to save a lot of grief doing some more floors and particularly when it comes to insulating my man cave.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Bought a decent Makita around a 120 quid excellent tool:)

Like most of their i other gear....

Reply to
tony sayer