Jigsaw blades

What type of jigsaw blade would you good folk recommend for a clean (versus fast) cut in 3/4in ply?

Is 10-12tpi reasonable? Am I right in thinking that it would be counterproductive to push this up to 20tpi?

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Bosch Bi-metal, 10 TPI is about as good as you can get, but don't expct it to give a "clean" cut unless you are working with 13 ply Birch.

Cut proud and clean up with a router if you truly need a clean edge in ply.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Here's what I found:

  • The Bosch T101AO (20 tpi) produced a very clean straight cuts. Not quite as clean as a router, of course. But I was pretty impressed with this saw cut.

However, it was a disaster on some (gentle) curves.

  • I switched to the T119BO for the curves and they got the job done but with a fair bit of tearing that needed to be cleaned up.
Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Coincidentally, I recently saw an article or tip that suggested making a zero clearance jigsaw plate. Sorry I cannot recall where or when but if you Google it I'm reasonably certain you'll come up with something. Good luck.

ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

They can be bought for less than a buck each for Bosch jigsaws.

Reply to
B A R R Y