Beginners tips for plastic plumbing

Richard, do you go Boozing with the Shitkicker?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Could explain how you bolloxed the joint then....

Reply to
John Rumm

ITYM Bogarted ???

Reply to
bof

I know you are not very bright, a Chav, a member of the uk-d-i-y Lunatic Association and from Essex too. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep, It was clear I todgered the joint.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Look at this thread.

=A380,000 worth of damage when a plasic fitting failed. Some have experienced failure after 18 months. I have give up on pushfit, not plastic pipe, because of tales like this. Speedfit will not pay out either.

Reply to
timegoesby

You denied using a hacksaw, you used a hacksaw. The instructions say don't use a hacksaw.

How big a f****it are you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You think that the pipe leaked because the joint contracted a running sore?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shitkicker, the instructions say a well prepared burrless and square pipe. I can do that with my todger.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Where do you get your square pipe from? It would be so much easier to nail on a wall than round.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He is asking questions now. This is a bad sign. he could get into mischief.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Failed to achieve it, didn't you, because the joint leaked.

Have you recovered that memory of your failure yet, or are you still in denial?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Shitkicker, I did it with my todger, blindfold. Easy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Actually Andy, even with my cheapo tool, there is hardly any deformation with the rotation method, because the cutting action becomes nearly tangential instead of attempting to guillotine the pipe. I find rotating the tool about 90 deg round the pipe as you gently squeeze gets the cutter 1/2 way through the pipe, then a straight squeeze chops through the remainder with little effort and no significant deformation. This is one case where I can't imagine a more expensive tool would make it any easier or produce a better result. This may not be true for larger diameter tube.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:57:32 +0100, Phil Addison wrote (in article ):

On nylon pipe it certainly makes a difference because the pipe is quite a bit tougher.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That I can believe - horses for courses.