BBC discover Mankind

After years dismissing or denigrating men's achievements, the feminist-biased BBC today announced that the Mars mission would be for "mankind". Usually they just say "men and women" to emphasise that some women just happen to be present (eg Iraq. Afghanistan etc etc - how many women v. men killed?)

Recently, when reporting the last remaining floating warship from WWI, we were told, it was crewed by "people".

Of course any sensible person knows that "Mankind" includes both genders - except the BBC who have suddenly (conveniently) realized it. We may now expect to see "womankind" in all sorts of bizarre usage.

Reply to
old.bailey

You must be very very bored.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are older waships than that still floating.

harryagain

As presumably are lots of BBC execs in the social engineering dept

Reply to
stuart noble

its a bit like Differently abled instead of disabled all over again. Could we not all learn not to be so precious and assume what they meant instead of trying to be so precise. Most people we used to call actresses now call themselves actors. This genderisation is a historic thing so as many words betray their history, we really all should get a life. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff