Returning to allotment after many years

I have decided to try my hand again at my allotment, but when I visite

it last month after about 8 years of doing nothing the weeds, brambl thistles and nettles were about 4 ft high. So, firstly, I hired a strimmer to cut back as best as possible and no I am at the stage of what to do next before I hire a cultivator and tur it over. Should I apply a general weedkiller, if so what type please, or han dig which would be a major effort. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Dav

-- camerashy

Reply to
camerashy

Have you considered raised beds