Baxi boiler opinions?

Our unpressurized central heating, currently powered by an Ocean 240P (don't touch with a bargepole is my personal opinion) needs replacing and the recommendation from our first quote is a Baxi which apparently has a built-in expansion tank.

Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these?

Thanks, Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D.Smith

Baxi generally have a bad name for modern boilers and are accused of trading on an old reputation, now lost. But two friends have them and are happy.

Makes considered reliable seem to have Worcester Bosch or Vaillant in the name.

Reply to
EricP

I have had great service from their support "Heat Team", I guess support is something that should be considered ......

Reply to
Chris Vowles

My personal expierience with a Baxi back-boilder and fire front fitted 6 years ago has been fine, can't fault it. It's had 1 thermocouple recently, and usual services.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Viessmann, ECO-Homtec, Etag, Atmos, Quantum are V good boilers are the amongst the best.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel