Battery Charging

I have about 30 batteries here that need charging every few months and my system (such as it is) is a mess - basically everything bundled into a drawer, and unravelled as necessary. Saw this:

as a good attempt. Anybody else?

Reply to
RJH

Overblown for my needs (I have about 6xD, 4xC, 24xAA, 12xAAA, 2xPP3 and

1x26650) they live in a plastic box, charged ones pointing one way, discharged ones pointing the other, every now and then I drag the charger out and shuffle them all through it over the course of a weekend.
Reply to
Andy Burns

I wouldn't go that far, but it is a nice implementation if you enjoy carpentry. I like the inclusion of a proper battery tester.

Reply to
newshound

I'd not want something as ugly as that in a living area. Workshop or garage would be ok. But then it would be a trip to get the batteries you need.

Most will charge their phone etc where it is convenient. For those who have it on them 24/7, I'd guess the bedroom.

Ever notice when someone has their mobile by their bed in a TV drama etc, it is never on charge? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Looks rather lacking in electronics. I'd either include a handful of commercial chargers or make one with lots of battery holders that can all be used at once. Include one of the battery analysing chargers.

The rest is really nothing but presentation.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nothing wrong with that. I very rarely charge my phone at night (or even at home). Although I can't use the USB ports on the PCs at work for charging (for security reasons they are disabled), each desk has a dual USB power outlet for charging. I just plug in when I arrive in the morning.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker