Bathroom paint advice please

The walls are Multifinish Plaster (over blue water resistant boards (stuck over kingspan with firefoam))

Something that will stand up to splashes and steam better than emulsion..

thanks, George

Reply to
George Miles

Bathroom and kitchen paint designed for steamy atmosphere?

alan_m

the paints that cope with that better are gloss & eggshell.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

About a year ago, "Smithski" posted what I found to be a valuable advisory link about paint:

I've got a further question on paint in bathrooms (I was about to post it when I saw this thread appear):

I'm renovating an old (60s) bathroom: I need to do the the minimum amount of work (too many other commitments).

Currently the bathrooms is papered with vinyl wallpaper. Can I strip this off, put up lining paper, and then paint that lining paper to achieve "a classy, modern look"?

Cheers John

Reply to
Another John

yes. Obviously getting it reskimmed nets a truer surface, but that will work

I hope it well venitaled and/or insulated - cold simngle brick outer walls are a magnet for condensation.

My walls are all painted where they arent tiled with farrow and ball matt emulsion.

Its fine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. But I certainly wouldn't. Condensation on walls frequently plus water-based adhesive are not a wise combination.

You tell us, does your 1960s bathroom look classy & modern? (I suspect not.)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I didn't know you could tile with Farrow and Ball matt emulsioin. Do Dulux do a similar thing?

Reply to
Andy Bennet

This isn't just any old matt emulsion. This is Farrow and Ball matt emulsion.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Yeah, but if you don't keep the roller perfectly straight, you get wonky grout lines ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Absolutely, it's full of commas.

Reply to