Immersion Heater in Bathroom advice please?

I'm halfway through expanding the bathroom by demolishing the wall between it and the immersion heater cupboard, but have had second thoughts - the atmosphere would be damp and thus no good for drying clothes in an airing cupboard.
So should I reinstate the wall and have the immersion heater in a cupboard opening into the corridor not into the bathroom?
Advice please...
George
George Miles submitted this idea :

An airing cupboard is for keeping dry clothes dry, not a way to dry out damp clothes. Our original airing cupboard was a cupboard as part of the bathroom, with doors closed it kept any bathroom moisture out reasonably well. Now our airing cupboard is accessed from the stair landing, which is much more convenient.
The latest install had just two 'decks', I increased that to six slot in decks, so they were quick and easy to remove for maintenance. Apart from the shelving decks, the cupboard has the HW cylinder, pump and 3 port electronic valve, so it is always reasonably warm and dry in there.
On Thursday, 4 October 2018 11:54:45 UTC+1, George Miles wrote:

I don't find an airing cupboard to be any use. I'd want to do something useful with the space.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Odd. Ours is a fair size, and we use it to store blankets, pillows, sheets, duvets, duvet covers, towels, tea towels, table cloths etc. Where do other people keep such things?
--
Graeme

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 22:16:50 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:

Other cupboards, drawers, etc. Maybe an airing cupboard was a good idea in the days of damp houses.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Possibly. I have always assumed that the name 'airing' cupboard meant to keep things aired, i.e. to keep things warm, dry, aired and ready to use longer term. I suppose the whole concept could be out of date in an era of modern, warm, centrally heated houses, but I couldn't imagine living without an airing cupboard. Then again, I couldn't imagine living without an outside line, either.
--
Graeme

On 05/10/2018 06:58, Graeme wrote:

Ah, but what is and isn't an airing cupboard (or Hot Press as my wife refers to it)?
We have a cupboard in the bathroom that once would have held the hot water tank and probably the cold one above it. The cold tank has since migrated to the loft and the hot tank, central heating valves, central heating pump and shower pump have been moved to a custom built cupboard in one of the bedrooms. We tend to use the latter to store sleeping bags, spare blankets and other rarely used items, while the unheated one in the bathroom is used for towels, sheets, duvet covers and the like. Wrong way round really, but we can access the bathroom one, with the light on, without waking the kids and can't do that for the hot, bedroom one.
SteveW
Good to know there aren't condensation / damp problems with a cupboard in a well used bathroom. So I can leave the walls where they are!
george
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 9:21:56 PM UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:

ows,

eant

in an

Graeme presented the following explanation :

In the airing cupboard, apart tea towels and table clothes, they belong downstairs..

Our cupboard is off a half landing, so neither up or downstairs. Best of both worlds.
--
Graeme

Often an airing cupboard is just the device used to neatly box in a hot water tank and associated pipework. You don't have to use it for "airing" clothes, towels etc. Just use the space for general storage.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Re: [ I don't find an airing cupboard to be any use. I'd want to do something useful with the space. NT]
That's something I hadn't thought of, I just assumed they were a good thing.
So its OK to have the immersion heater in a cupboard the bathroom? (and use any heat loss to heat the bathroom)
I plan to surround the hot water tank with a few inches of kingspan insulation, and firefoam.
It heats from solar electricity, and the wood/coal rayburn.
George