Bamboo Flooring

We are in the process of moving house and SWMBO is intent on bamboo flooring like this:

anybody tried this stuff before? Are there any flaws or things to beware of? The floor will have to put up with a lot of abuse as we have 3 young boys, 1 of whom uses a wheelchair. The boss is also thinking of getting a dog......

I would probably lay it as a floating floor as I think this should be easier and quicker. The property is a new build bungalow and will probably be concrete/screed floors.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

Jeez

how do they press those round bamboo tubes flat?

Reply to
fredbloggstwo

We've just bought similar for our new place - that looks quite expensive though so it's probably worth shopping around - we paid just under £20/sqm in the end after playing the internet pricing against the local wood floor shops. It's got a very good reputation for being hard wearing and long lasting.

I have to confess I'm not doing that job myself - the joiner we've got is planning to put it in as a floating floor too - it's a glueing job though.

dave

Mark Spice wrote:

Reply to
dave

Green bamboo (which we very rarely see in this country) will split and press flat quite easily. It won't bend and it won't roll any tighter, but it unrolls fairly well.

Oh, and they have a honking great hydraulic press to do it too. It could press a wumpus flat.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Damn. I'm out of crooked arrows right now.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I just received 25m2 from

and am planning to float it. I can't comment on how it wears etc yet of course, but it's a better price than screwfix. Be aware there are a number of different textures depending on the manufacturers, you can order free samples from the above site and also at simplybamboo.co.uk. I found that the 2 finishes from simplybamboo were too rough and too smooth, and the bambooflooringcompany stuff was in between the two.

Ben.

Reply to
Ben Willcox