Backboxes into brick.

Hi, I have a dwarf wall for a conservatory, and I have cut in back boxes. There isn't a huge amount of material begind the boxes to screw into. I was wonding if anone had an other suggestions. I am thinking of gripfill the boxes in, back and sides, (with motar on the showing edges), anyone tried this, will it be strong enough to keep the metal back boxes in there, when the socket faces are fiited?

Cheers for any advice, or alternative solutions!

Reply to
Mark Gillespie

Hi We drill the sides of the boxes(6mm) then fix into the ajacent bricks. Or you can open the small predrilled holes and use them. As for gripfill I do know of a few conserveratories with boxes fixed this way and to date they are still intact but much prefer the good old screws and rawlplugs. HTH

CJ

Reply to
cj

Quick set mortar - slosh it in and tap the box into place using wedges to keep it level.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Really - how come? Most brick walls (even if just the inner leaf of a cavity are just a single brick thickness (ie 4") which surely should be plenty deep enough?

David

Reply to
Lobster