B&D KS890 (Scorpion): parts for repair?

Hi, I have a broken one of these (drive gear on motor shaft has cracked). It's not a great tool, but it's handy to have around and I don't have a better power saw. Does anyone have one that's broken somewhere else (jammed? motor burnt out? damaged body or blade receiver?) that they'd like to flog for parts?

Can anyone recommend a better saw- I quite like the way I can cut a reasonably straight line in timber with the scorpion as the blade is bigger than most- I can use it like a small handsaw but with much less effort- do the better reciprocating saws allow this, too?

Cheers, W.

Reply to
W.Warburton

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Try B&D's site. They certainly used to sell parts and offered a very good service.

Reply to
John

So does the URL I posted,thing is its cheaper to buy from that URL as B&D charge dearer?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby