Are site tools rated?

Have seen a few adverts for Site tools with the tagline 'designed by Makita'. Are thes Makita's DIY range are they badge engineered by a third company or are they copies with different housings.

e.g.

soup

they are made by Makita specifically for Screwfix and are 'last years' models. The ones I've seen are identical to Makita except for colour. The only Site machine I've got is a 115mm angle grinder - best I've ever used, really pleased with it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yup I got one of those for £20 or something like that IIRC ;-)

The Site 2kg SDS:

exactly the same (appearance and spec) as the recently superseded Makita HE 2450X for example. Same price as the Mak used to be as well (the replacement model is a bit more pricey though).

cf:

John Rumm