Anybody had any dealings with 'Planet' double glazing co

Any feedback on how good or bad.

As they seem very cost effective.

Reply to
mad man

Why is it that "cost effective" has almost completely replaced the word "cheap"?

(sorry, no experience of the company, so can't comment on them)

Reply to
Grunff

Because "cheap" is associated with "...and nasty", and because buying cheap intially often isn't cheap, er, cost effective, in the long run.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Never heard of them.

If they're near you can normally pop down and see their stuff being made.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

They don't currently seem to have a rating here:

is odd, because they did when I looked a couple of weeks ago, as confirmed (at the moment) by google's cache:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:gWuRpARnz8UJ:

(
)

Perhaps the fact that they were rated as "Band E" for energy efficiency is related to the lack of appearance in the 1st link ...?

FWIW the house I moved into a year or two ago has some Planet Double Glazing products. They're ok I suppose. The patio door could do with being a bit stronger though - it wobbles and flexes alarmingly if you swing the door open too quickly.

Nowhere near as nice as the ones we had put into a previous house though (they were Rehau I think).

HTH,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Noble