Any stapler experts here?

I've an old heavy duty 'plier' stapler that has run out of staples after maybe 30 years. I only use it for things like uphostery repairs, so I never got through many staples. Now that I come to get some staples for it, I find the available range rather bewildering, since none of the staple sizes ever mention the width, only the gauge and the depth. I got some 23/8 staples, which are about the right gauge, but they are too wide. I need something about 11mm wide. Does anyone have any idea what I need?

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

Is the machine made by "Arrow"? If so, then their T50 range is probably what you need.

Reply to
Charles Hope

No markings at all, I'm afraid. I'll see what I can find out about T50, though.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

I solved this by finding a table somewhere online of different staples and their exact dimensions. Order the relevant ones (Arrow T50) only to find th ey did not match the stated dims. Maybe a trip to a helpful staple seller t hat doesn't mind opening a pack or 2.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

A very, very, very helpful staple seller, who will ruin loads of stock on the off-chance of making a very small sale. :)

Reply to
GB

I could post you a sample, if you gave me an address

Reply to
Charles Hope

You're very kind, and I couldn't possibly ask you to go to so much trouble. But it looks like they are 10mm wide, and that seems about right. I'll just order the smallest amount I can find for now.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

and their exact dimensions. Order the relevant ones (Arrow T50) only to fin d they did not match the stated dims. Maybe a trip to a helpful staple sell er that doesn't mind opening a pack or 2.

I can't see any reason to ruin stock over it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

s and their exact dimensions. Order the relevant ones (Arrow T50) only to f ind they did not match the stated dims. Maybe a trip to a helpful staple se ller that doesn't mind opening a pack or 2.

And it's how I got the right size last time round. At WHSmith IIRC.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr