Another OT grumble - yellow warnings of rain

So the end result is no one takes any risks. This leads to long term decline of the country, as we saw with the Soviets.

Reply to
Tim Streater

A friend in Reading lives about 500 yd. from the European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasting - she says the level of innacuracy is very high for the immediate area.

Reply to
PeterC

If its the bbc then its all been privatised from April. They said it would be wet here this morning, its not. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thunderstorms shown for most of day here but I'm hoping that they hold off. It's sod's law that, after more than a week without rain, storms arrive today. I have an appointment this p.m. and the buses are such that I'd have to get there an hour early to be sure, so the easiest way is a 4.5 mile cross-country walk. Mud, mud gloriuos mud!

Reply to
PeterC

reminds me of my French flat mate who I saw rushing about filling the watering can, when I asked what the panic was she said "I want to water the garden before it rains".

Reply to
whisky-dave

Did I grumble about the lack of rain?

My bad :-(

Dave R

Reply to
David

No its the way many States in the capitalist USA have worked for decades and now the capitalist UK works. Ever since conditional fee (contingent USA) (a.k.a no win no fee or ambulance chasing) legislation became law in 1995.

When you've been sat there, pot noodle in hand in front of the telly, have you never wondered why your favourite channels are all full up with adverts for injury compensation lawers; when such things never seem to have existed before ?

Silly question . No of course you haven't.

michael adams

michael adams