Lidl extension lead - IP00

Plasticrap from China, I'd guess.

PeterC

Hard to say if the plastic's particularly feeble or if the lot weren't simply damaged en masse by a heavy impact.

Reply to
Scott M

As with a lot of Lidl and Aldi stuff when its in bins it can get knocked about and you have to be careful when picking one to buy. However while most Lidl, Aldi customesr may be hardened to this, this wouldn't be a defence I imagine if someone managed to kill themselves with one of these.

As you didn't mention having done so, I emailed your link to Lidl explaining this had been posted on a forum by somebody else rather than me. Hope that's o.k.

In addition this looks to be a really bad design with a lot of totally unnecessary frills which compromise its usefulness in terms of being as unobtrusive as possible, and its safety. The standard design is a two part shell, top and bottom screwed together with no fancy bits at the end to break off. This one is in two colours black and white with ribbed sides and bits on the end by the looks of things. Being a compromise IMO extension leads are never going to look good, no matter how many lights you stick on them. So just plain and simple will do.

Hopeless.

michael adams

michael adams

snip

That describes a whole lot of goods today. But people sell what people buy. And people buy what people sell.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Just don't get me started on "soft" bread. Or "even softer".

Just because some idiots think that if bread is soft then it must be fresh, there seems to be a race to the bottom to see who can make the softest loaf which can still actually stand up unsupported.

Anyone would think nobody in this country any longer had any teeth.

michael adams

michael adams

Softer loaves possibly have less dough and more air. Air is cheaper then dough.

Bread weight regulations (which started in 1266) were repealed in 2008 and loaves no longer have to weigh multiples of 400g.

Least of all regulators.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks, I didn't realise that.

Nevertheless these ones do still weigh 800g at least according to the wrapper. But it might be something to watch out for in future,

michael adams

michael adams

Well done.

IME, Aldi/Lidl stuff is *usually* well made, not to mention good value. And the management seem to have a "no quibble replace" policy.

Reply to
newshound

Yes - but keep the receipt to be safe.

I was in my local Lidl this morning and all those leads left were just fine. After all, absolutely anything can be smashed if you try hard enough. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

None of the ones in my local lidl were broken.

Reply to
dennis

I suppose that those in the clip could have been broken by careless handling, but surely it's unlikely that so many would be by dropping the box or similar. What I find of concern is that they're so easily damaged - an extension lead, even if used on a desk, is going to get some knocks. Certainly wouldn't want it in a workshop. As for that hanging loop...

Reply to
PeterC

The construction doesn't look any worse than a half decent one and certainly better than the ones from Poundland.

I suppose the trouble with extensions is that they're unlike any other device where the flying bits of mains-level innards are (usually) heatshrunk.

Reply to
Scott M

I received an auto reply from Lidl this morning.

Which confirms they did at least receive it.

michael adams

michael adams