Rain, rain

One of my favorite musical pieces "used" to be _Beautiful Rain_ by Ladysmith Black Mambazo. It is, lately, not on my top ten list. Perhaps you have seen what is going on in southern MO. I felt so cocky that my raised beds were beyond the rising water table, so that I could start cold crops early. Twelve inches of rain in 36 hours brought me back to reality. The only bright spot was that a combination of vehicle maintenance and procrastination prevented me from planting the seeds. They WILL go out Sunday. The spillway from the pond was a raging river. Didn't see any catfish trying to get away though. Good luck to you in the path of the storm. I understand IN and OH will get some bad flooding also. Looks like my ground level plots will have to wait a few weeks.

cheers

oz, off to the Gulf coast for warmth, sea, and sun next week.

Reply to
MajorOz

Yeah, I've been eyeballin' ya'll from the other end of the state and it looks to be one serious mess.... from Joplin to the Cape. I'm hearing that things won't crest in many places for a couple days yet.

We were to have youngest son's in-laws up this weekend for bbq and visit, don't know if they can get here from Ft. Smith or not.....haven't heard the condition of 71 or things on the KS side.

We are dealing continual cold and wet and the raised beds aren't drying at all. Hell, snow and rain mix called for this weekend and fortyish weather part of next week........grrrrr.....better'n flooding though.

I'm wondering how this is going to play in the Mississippi delta region in the near future.

Good luck and keep an eye on the crick.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie