Another dumb assumption - SDS chisel length

I assumed the 250mm would be the reach of the chisel, not a reach of about

200mm after fitting into the drill.

Now searching for a chisel longer than 250mm which will fit SDS plus.

At the moment the usual suspects only seem to stock SDS Max over 250mm.

I see Silverline do a 400mm SDS Plus point chisel but so far haven't located anywhere which stocks this local to Leeds.

Raining at the moment which cramps my style with power tools attacking from outside.

Had a couple of belts at the brick with a club hammer and a cold chisel and it barely scratched it.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Maybe better off getting an extension bar?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think, not sure, I saw such things on ebay

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Presume there's a CEF in Leeds?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Had a quick look but they all seem to be for core drills.

Will have a more detailed look later.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Leeds East Branch Felnex Road Pontefract Lane Cross Green Leeds LS9 0SS

Leeds Branch Holbeck Triangle

40-42 Wortley Lane Leeds LS12 1DA
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Managed without it in the end.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Just stuck in a 20mm wide 400mm long SDS bit and put the drill on hammer only then?

Reply to
ARW

This sounds like its made of the great stalwart material so beloved by science fiction writers. Unobtainium. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not quite. :-)

10mm (I think) by 400mm and drilled all around the edges of the hole from the inside.

However your suggestion has merit.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to