Another dishwasher prob

Once in the last month our Bosch Silver Edition dishwasher, about 4 years old. made a loud pop and tripped the main kitchen circuit. Switching it off and on it's been OK. It did it again this morning - does this portend a major electrical failure in the machine?

E.

Reply to
eastender

In article , eastender writes

Assuming that you are talking about a simple overcurrent trip rather a residual current breaker (RCCD) then I'd say yes. Again assuming it's plugged into a ringmain then the dishwasher has taken enough current to trip a 32A breaker which is not in the realms of a trivial fault. I'm very reluctant to use an appliance that has caused a trip such as this without investigating the reason for the fault and as yours has now done it twice I'd be inclined to take it out of service until you can take a closer look. The 'pop' type failure you describe should make tracing a little easier as I'd expect to see some evidence of an electrical short such as charring or flash marks. Best not to take a chance.

Reply to
fred

Thanks. I've now done a bit of searching and it may be the mains suppressor that's blown/blowing up, apparently a common Bosch prob, as are blown joints in the controller circuitry, although I suspect the former as the machine works fine.

E.

Reply to
eastender