Dishwasher - Is this scenario likely?

Hi all
We have (had) a working Zanussi DW907 dishwasher. My daughter, bless her heart, decided to put parts of a juicing machine in it on Wednesday, without any initial degunging of fibrous fruit debris from said parts. I believe that the machine stopped at the beginning of the program cycle and SWMBO removed the offending items. Since then, the programmer will not progress through its cycle - advances a bit then stops and waits for human intervention. Also, the main CU RCD tripped out 3 times when my wife tried to use it yesterday.
The question:
Could putting loads of fibrous materials into the machine cause this much havoc? I am particularly concerned by the RCD behaviour! Where do I start to try and rectify the damage? It is likely that we will be re-furbing the kitchen later in the year, so I don't want to buy another unit that is unlikely to fit in with the revised design. If we can extend the life of this machine for a few more months it would be a god-send.
TIA
Phil
Debris may have blocked filters or pump
Have you cleared the filters in the machine?
can you get it to drain?
Tony

"TMC" wrote

Thanks Tony
I didn't start disecting the machine and/or testing cos I didn't like the idea of knocking all power off inadvertently. Would serious crud stop the programmer in its tracks? I don't see how crud could cause problems that would knock out the RCD, do you?
TIA
Phil

Tony
TheScullster wrote:

Only if it made water get where it shouldn't.
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com

Maybe the level sensor has got blocked with fibre and it's overfilling, and overflowing water is causing the RCD tripping.
Or it that pips/fibre have jammed/damaged the pump when it pumped out after the prewash. Pips are bad news for DW pumps.
If you put some water in before starting a program, does it pump it out OK before the first fill for the program?
Sounds like a a take-apart job though. Try the UKWhiteGoods forum for advice too.
cheers, Pete.