Another Aldi post :-)

well I just bought the 8 piece screwdriver set for a fiver and they are worth it. Good steel used.

Has anyone purchased the 3in1 ladder combination they had on offer from Aldi and is it any good?

Reason is they have a reduced set on offer from £59.99 to £39.99 and I'm pondering to buy.

Thanks

Reply to
ben

I did, sometime before last xmas, for about £50. it's excellent for decorating, useful as a small ladder and ok as steps. bugger to store neatly, tho, unless you have a garage. well worth it, imo.

Reply to
news

Do you know the runner board, does that go up in step heights, is it variable?

Reply to
ben

within the boundaries of stability, yes.

one issue I have with mine is that the feet are slightly too wide for my staircase but that's a minor issue as the stairwell is way too tall for the platform to be of much use.

where it does excell is when decorating a wall / painting a ceiling where there's much less up and down than when using ladder or steps and far more stable, too. if it's the same model I have it's a steal at £39.99

Reply to
news

They are ideal for plastering walls.

Magic! knowing my luck ladder will have gone, I'm off, fingers crossed.

cheers News.

Reply to
ben

In message , news writes

Yeah, the foot on one ladder is wider than the other. It wouldn't fit onto my stair landing but it was 10 minutes work to cut the foot to the same length as the other one.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yup! well worth £40. Now then where can i buy a cheap set of step ladders to get onto the runner board. PMSL!

Reply to
ben

if you are fit and flexible you can just step up onto it.

well, I can

Reply to
news

Heh! 4/5ft in the air? :-)

/puts jogging suit on for a good run around the block

Reply to
ben

If anyone wants these ladders, I'm considering selling mine. Hardly used - and the only reason I'm selling is due to lack of storage space.

£25 as long as you collect from south Cheshire. (10 mins from J18 M6)

Martin

Reply to
marts

Well worth it, but lack of storage? compact together with strong runner board doesn't take up that much room really.

Reply to
ben

If its the same ones I'm thinking of ... hmm..

Mine are in 4 joined up sections, and can either used straight up, or like this (sorry for the ASCII art)

//\\

/\ / \ __ __ / \

etc ...

Anyway, they are still for sale.

Martin

Reply to
marts

marts wrote: [snip]

[sni]

Yep, they only done the one set of combination ladders.

4 sections? I just have the two ladders and the singular runner board,uless your including the wide ladder feet?. Tied together the space is minimal goes in my small outhouse at the back of the property. A pic below shows them.

ben

Cant seem to find any similar pictures on the web

Reply to
marts