Plans for conversion

I be there's someone here who can help!!

Putting in plans for conversion of victorian house to 3 flats. Forms all filled in except Form 1b section 9 Details of drainage - please give full details, 'to existing' is not sufficient.

a. How will foull sewage be dealt with?

Any (polite) suggestions for wording? - that, perhaps, makes me look a bit as tho' I know all about it. What about,

4inch soil pipe to external stack - and with 1 in 40 drop to connect ------------- to exisitng sewer.

b To where will surface water be disposed of? Via existing rainwater goods, to gullies and into existing sewer.

How does that sound?? tia Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

Hi,

You should maybe speak to your local BCO first - they will tell you exactly what they require and this will save them rejecting your application if you get it wrong.

I would simply state "foul drainage to BSxxxx. Please refer to drawings for full details." Then include the details on the plans. They will want to see the route the pipes take both inside the house and then outside when they join the existing. They are very keen on access in event of a blockage and also on how the drainage routes may affect the integrity of any fire prevention you have (this may be important for you depending on your exact situation) Read what the regs say about it to give you an idea of the requirements. You will need ventillation and details of how it connects to the existing sewer (usually via an inspection chamber)

For surface water, this should not be mixed with the foul water.

Be warned that they will be very keen to see a pressure test once you are done.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Many thanks Alan, plans already in! this is a form that I didn't think I needed to fill in - bad wording! Anyway, shall combine elements of what you mentioned with my 'bare bones' effort. Hugh

Reply to
Hugh