Android Tablet

I used to use Groundhog as my newsgroup reader on my old Asus tablet. I recently upgraded to a Samsung tablet and now I can't find a way to post. I'm having to use Google groups to post this. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Lawrence Milbourn

Apparently it should be in the Google App Store, if you still use Android

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I never got on well with it

Seems to have gone from the play store, but still available from various APK download sites, I won't link to any particular as you need to decide which you trust.

There's also the piaohong newsreader, but I didn't like that one either

Andy Burns

Don't you have to mess with Samsungs to get access to that these days? I'm not a tableteer myself, Rather have a laptop. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No - I use Groundhog on a Samsung Galaxy S9+. Just download the APK as already mentioned, enable "install from unknown sources" (ie non Google Play apps) in Settings, and install using a file browser.

Maybe you're thinking of rooting, which isn't trivial on Samsung's Knox-enabled range.

Reply to
Reentrant