American garden hose fittings (in the UK)

Technicallly OT as it's for work, but does anyone know of a source of american GHT (garden hose thread) fittings in the UK (preferably online/bristol/glos.)
The threads are 11 1/2 TPI, and the OD of the male thread 1 3/64" (1.05"). It's similar to 3/4" parallel pipe, except that's 14 TPI.
Thanks
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

Yes. Swagelok.
They used to have a warehouse on Edgware Road, London, but I'm sure they do mail order. Not cheap, but good quality and they usually had an adaptor for most obscure threads in stock.
Aidan wrote:

look at www.swagelok.com and input your details for local dealer.
Badger wrote:

Thanks both - it looks like they don't have anything to fit that thread, but we may be able to remove an adaptor - and get something from them.
My next question is why on earth would a US laser manufacturer fit a water-cooling circuit using a fitting that's never used for anything except garden hoses - even in the US? (OK so that was more of a rant than a question!)
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk
Chris Hodges wrote:

E-mail me direct, lasers are part of my work and I may have further info....
"Chris Hodges" wrote | My next question is why on earth would a US laser manufacturer | fit a water-cooling circuit using a fitting that's never used | for anything except garden hoses - even in the US? (OK so that | was more of a rant than a question!)
Because it saved a mickel?
Owain
Owain wrote:

No actually, it's adapted from 1/2" NPT which we've end up using despite the fact it's going to be awkward.
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

My involvement with Swagelok also came about because of laser cooling. The lasers were cooled with DI water connected to a plate heat exchanger. The heat exchanger itself was cooled with the primary 'house' chilled water (containing anti-freeze, inhibitors, etc..) via a constant-temperature secondary circuit.
The threads used on the laser side were standard NPT. I don't know of 'garden hose' threads, I'd be surprised if they're anything different to the 'common or garden' NPT, but trust you're more familiar with this problem. You could also try Radiospares (http://rswww.com ), they had an range of hose and fittings, including the strange US snap-fit hose connectors.
Wades also did brass compression fittings, but are a UK company & I'm not aware that they did any/much NPT stuff.
Aidan wrote:

3/4" NPT is 14TPI, while GHT (always 3/4") is 11 1/2 TPI. RS was my first port of call (as the office copy of the paper catalogue is between me and the colleague who has - we think - tracked down the solution).
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

Very weird.
The last one I connected, I cut the ends off the hoses and fitted 3/4" BSP barbed hose connectors with Jubillee clips. I heard nothing more about it, so assume it all worked. I chucked the OEM's US chunky brass hose connectors in the box of 'potentially useful' bits, expecting that I'd one day find a matching thread that could use them. I never did, they're probably still there.
Aidan wrote:

Thanks again everyone. I was back in work today after a week off and it looks like we're sorted now.
Chris
--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk
replying to Chris Hodges, gstwin wrote: Hi I also had this problem but by chance I tried and measured the hose fitting at the top of evergreen garden greener spray and it is American garden hose size, 3/4 11.5 tpi. So it saved me having to source one from America.