What size to connect garden hose?

I need to connect my garden hose to what I think is a 13/16" inside threaded faucet**.

Googling for garden hose size I get GHT; also known as NHR or MHT.

But this one says it's 3/4" GHM.

M, how much difference could that be, huh?

**How do you measure the thread size? The aerator seems to be a little more than 14 /16ths in diameter, measuring at the top of threads, but that's not a listed size. OTOH, it's smaller than the aerator on the kitchen sink and iiuc the only sizes in much use are 13 and 15/16th. The original toilet was an Elger, but I don't know if the sink was by the same company.

BTW, I posted 5 weeks ago about a quick disconnect and was pleased when you guys helped me find one, but last night I finally went to use it, and the one I had and the one I didn't buy were both for 15/16", so I'm giving up on quick and settling for slow disconnect. The quick one had other disadvantages. One more place to leak from, to spray from, though I didn't have a chance to test it, and a longer attachment to the faucet to make it harder to put a glass or bottle underneath. Also, in the store, one was pretty quck to disconnect and connect, but the other, made by the same company and looking pretty much like the first one, was very hard to reconnect. I tried more than one of them Strange.

Reply to
micky

A standard US garden hose thread has a 19.05 MM diameter and 2.2087 MM thread pitch.

Reply to
Robert E

Thanks. It's resolved now.

Reply to
micky

It was 15/16" after all. I took the aerator to the hardware store and even when I held it next to a new 15/16" connector, it looked smaller, maybe because it was dirty and dark and harder to see, and the other was shiny and bright.

But not much smaller and certainly not as small aas 13/16".

So I ended up using what I first bought, which cost about $15 or 16.

I'm not going to use it often so if I didn't want quck connect, I coudl have gotten an adapter for $4, but so far this one really is easy. It has a screen but no aerator gizmo. I feel so unaerated.

Reply to
micky