Air vents: alternative to white plastic

I currently have a "bog standard" white plastic air vent on my kitchen wall, similar to:

air vent is near to the gas boiler, which has an external thru-the-wall horizontal flue. I think the air vent may be have been installed to provide extra ventilation just in case.

For safety reasons, therefore, I am quite happy to leave the air vent. But it is original 1970s and now looks scruffy.

Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

boat chandlers do brass ones and I've seen aluminium ones which would allow the possibility to have them either anodised or polished.

RT

Reply to
[news]

Bruce wrote | I currently have a "bog standard" white plastic air vent | on my kitchen wall, similar to: |

|| The air vent is near to the gas boiler, which has an external | thru-the-wall horizontal flue. I think the air vent may be | have been installed to provide extra ventilation just in case.

If it's a balanced flue (room sealed) boiler the vent may no longer be needed. Check boiler instructions or ask your CORGI at the time of next safety check or service - don't remove the vent unless you are *sure* it's not needed.

| For safety reasons, therefore, I am quite happy to leave the | air vent. But it is original 1970s and now looks scruffy. | Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

Bigger B&Qs have aluminium or brass

Owain

Reply to
Owain

wrote >

I saw some wood-effect ones in Arnold Laver, Sheffield, at the weekend if you're anywhere near. Not sure if they had them in that size/shape though.

Rob

Reply to
Rob