Attaching laminate scotia to skirting board

Hi,
I have laid my laminate flooring and now have to fit the scotia to the
skirting board to cover the expansion gap. I have seen in friends
houses this is done with staples or nails which seems like a good
idea?
My questions are:
1. Are staples or nails better?
2. Is this staple/nail gun sutible
?id=45171&ts=708293. What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard
quick step shape 14mm at the widest point but about 7mm where the
staples/nails would go.
Thanks very much for your help
James
Reply to
JGralton
?id=45171&ts=70829> 3. What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard
Upto you whether you pay £47 out but tacwise are a decent gun,I have this one and its a decent gun for the price....
you're buying from screwfix best get the nails whilst there as they seem to be cheaper than the rest of the sheds.
Reply to
George
Unless you have use for larger nails? it'll do the beading which is only 14mm at the widest point you said, these guns drive the nail into the wood with a bit of depth for filling.
I only bought it to tack canvas to stretcher frames.
Reply to
George
?id=45171&ts=70829> 3. What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard
I have had good results from panels pins (where a pin push tool can help). A little filler for the nail head holes helps to complete the job. About 300mm spacing seems good enough.
Reply to
Ed Sirett
?id=45171&ts=70829>> 3. What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard
Worked for me
Reply to
John

Site Timeline Threads