Framed mirrors: attaching to wall

What's the best way of fixing a wooden framed 4ft x 3ft (landscape) mirror to a wall? My initial idea is to drill a couple of holes in the wall, fill with rawlplugs, then use some sort of screw-in brackets to get a near-flush fit (doesn't have to be really flush to the wall). Any idea what type of brackets would do this?

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

Something like this:

this:
end of the bracket with two holes is screwed to the back of the frame, just leaving the round tip, with one hole, protruding. That is then screwed to the wall.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Amazingly enough, with some little metal brackets called "mirror plates" (cost coppers from Screwfix). That's a big, heavy mirror and it needs the right sort of thing.

That's the idea. The plates have three holes, one of which is keyhole-shaped. You screw then to the back of the frame and allow clearance under the keyhole. Then you hook the keyhole over the wall screws.

Be careful when installing them, as there's little room for error. I suggest using a story stick and a level - a long stick with pencil marks made directly on it. Put the wall screws in first, as they sometimes shift sideways when drilling.

Reply to
Andy Dingley