Age-Related Aches and Pains

Yeah, but what's so good about it if it needs added flavours to taste of anything? And anyway, it wasn't just the lack of flavour I queried at the time (when the tins arrived), but also the texture. Just didn't 'fit' somehow.

MM

Reply to
MM

Well, no one NEEDS bacon, but you have to admit it's pretty yummy grilled till it's crispy. I'm not keen on flabby bacon cooked in the skillet. All my bacon is grilled. However, I can't eat it too often because of the saturated fat.

MM

Reply to
MM

Sounds absolutely delicious! Drip, drip, drip. (Was that the original Chinese water torture?)

Then pop to the shops 'cos you've run out of kitchen roll, and anyway, the compact car isn't heavy enough to weigh down that tofu block. You'll need at least a new Boris Routemaster with 10 people on the platform. Meanwhile all the dinner guests have fainted from hunger.

MM

Reply to
MM

Bob Eager put finger to keyboard:

Asda's battered onion rings are lower in fat than their breadcrumbed ones.

Reply to
Scion

I meant 'just onion' though!

Reply to
Bob Eager

At one point in my career, we had a management team from Westinghouse parachuted in to run a "technical support" group made up of a couple of hundred high quality UK engineers and scientists.

We waited for this with considerable skepticism. They came from all sorts of backgrounds, only one of them was Ivy League, but they were outstandingly good managers. If you went to one with a problem, they found a way to fix it. Like Sun, they had parallel hierarchies for engineers and managers. I have no problem being managed by someone half my age (and probably on a lower basic salary) provided they do it well!

(This was in the days when BNFL owned Westinghouse Nuclear, before they sold it off).

(One of them had been a captain of a nuclear sub. He had a nice story about being asked by a Russian if he had ever visited Vladivostok and he was able to say no, but that he had sat off-shore spying on it for a while).

Reply to
newshound