Aerial Splitters

see my previous post.

Reply to
.

Well I am 'trade'.

No problem, I can read (and generate) Excel sheets.

Don't need to, I'll put the purchasing dept on to them.

Reply to
Mark Carver

purchasing dept, yah, right.......

type grax into google. I managed to open their 'price' list in excel viewer and there's no prices there, they advise you to call for latest prices but they are very good i.e televes infinito £13.89 inc VAT according to my invoice. tracsat do it for £23.90 and DS2000 do it for £24.39. someone is ebaying them for £21 + p&p

I got a reel of CT100 for £22.90 + vat ... TV aerials.com are doing the white version for £49.99 which is the usual 100% wholesale to retail markup in rip off britain.

HtH

Reply to
.

should read + VAT = £16.32 total

Reply to
.

How much for a Televes DAT75?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

no idea, sorry, but I'd estimate 40% to 60% less than retail.

ring em up. I've always found that with a proper telephone manner you can usually blag your way into most trade only outlets.

Reply to
.

TLC price for PF100 (better cable) 19 quid plus VAT - either white or black.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IMHO much depends on how strong your signal is and how your wiring is arranged. My aerial comes into my attic and there was power there, so when I found that a passive split did not give enough signal to each TV I installed a distribution amplifier. (Though I doubt I tried a proper splitter - just joined three cables together.)

Another alternative is to boost the incoming signal with a masthead amplifier. Apart from anything else this means you need access to the aerial on the roof - which may not be that easy.

After reading some documents on

I use an F Plug + F Barrel + F elbow, for my main TV and Freeview STB. I can't say that this actually gave any improvement over the previous coax plug/unscreened scocket arrangment, however there are no likely sources of interference nearby. The main benefit if the F barrel was that I was able to install it on the blank half of an RJ45 faceplate.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I refuse to use TLC since they let me down on some lighting a while ago and that price would be + del and VAT. besides, I've got loads :o)

Reply to
.

If you can see the Tacolneston mast at 10-15 miles the signal /should/ be good enough to split. If you fit a 10dB attennuator in the existing feed, and reception is still ok, then you should get away with a passive splitter. If not, it would be /much/ better to upgrade aerial and feeder (to CT100 or similar) with a passive (low loss) splitter than to use an amplifier. Amplifiers can add to noise, and are easily overloaded, and may cause overload in the receiver, so must be used with caution. In some (few) circumstances they may be desirable, but at 10 miles (line of sight) from a high power tramsmitter they are more likely to cause more problems than they cure.

Reply to
<me9

If the 'cheapest' option doesn't work, then it can no longer be considered the cheapest option. This was discused recently with regard to power tools.

Reply to
<me9

15 miles from tacklestun should be OK for a passive splitter, especially ifits digital you are using. Its a bit punchier that Sudbury, which is what I pick up - at 12 miles that is better with a DA.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How many would you like? I have F type fully screened in stock.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

eventually, fail.

Ok I have decided to do things properly as you suggest. High gain aerials which ones are best or are all equal? CT100 cable seems to be rated as the best but where do you buy it a £21/100m or what is a cheaper alternative (does cheaper = rubbish) Are aerial mounts universal will it clamp on my existing chimney mount?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Lidl are doing a kit for 9 quid, including cables, wall sockets and splitters. looks decent quality.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

eventually, fail.

Where do you get you stuff from I am having trouble finding cable that cheap? What is an alternative good quality cable? Also are all high gain wideband aerials the same or are some better than others?

Paul

Reply to
Paul