Aerial brackets

I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of my house to sort the aerial out.

I have seen Aerial brackets at screwfix that allow you to connect it a tiled roof;

anyone used one of these? Are they likely to just rip my tiles off?

I have a Velux window so makes this ideal for me. Concrete tile roof by the way...

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Very unwise. TV antennas are a lot larger than they appear at a distance (obvious really) and have quite a wind loading.

If you are in a strong signal area and can get away with a really small antenna (say 9 element), then it might be OK, but probably not worth the risk.

Wall brackets are a better option.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

How about a wall bracket on the gable end?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

"Rich" wrote | I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of | my house to sort the aerial out.

Put it on a mast

Owain

shove it in teh loft.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks all (apart from the suggestion of a £750 mast!). I thought that may be the case. Why on earth do they sell these things? I have a Televes DAT 45 that ways about 2.5Kg. So i don't think i'll risk it.

Can you use a wall mounted bracket on a chimney? I have seen the 'chimney mounting kits' that wrap around the chimney and provide a bracket for a mast. The trouble for me is i only have a single roof ladder and do not want to attempt to go round the whole chimney. (It's a terraced house so the chimney is only accessable from the roof).

Does anyone have a rough figure for getting an aerial fitted to a chimney, bareing in mind i have all the equipment needed (aerial,cable,mast, connectors etc). I know it will vary but £50, £100 £200?

The aerial has been in the attic for a while, but i have now got a freeview box and cannot get all the channels without the aerial being on the roof!

And the Rugby World Cup starts on friday! Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I would say somewhere between £100 and £150 for a good job with good materials

All this, just for that...???