£12 for a grinder

and the motor is exceptionally quite, that's got to be a bargain.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Wow. I've never paid that much for a 115mm grinder! I think I paid 6 quid for mine.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

oops! I mean a double bench grinder.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ah yes. You probably have the same model as mine. Same price and very quiet. At least until you stick a chisel on it, anyway!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Some of the cheaper ones just don't have enough power - you can stall them when grinding large lumps. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Looking no, buying yes, I didna go for the extra wheels as 2 is enough. :-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

How big is a large lump? ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hmmm! I've just had a thought, looking at the fixing of the wheels I could make this into bench grinder on one side and a lathe(spindle moulder), on the tother side.