advice on shadow line on plastered ceiling

Hi

I am looking for some help and advice regarding a shadow line on my newly plastered ceiling. I have a large living room, roughly 20ft long by 13ft wide and have just had it plastered. While the plaster was wet, it looked brilliant and I thanked the guy who did it for doing a good job. Then it dryed and a few imperfections showed, but still looked good. But after painting white and refitting the lights there is a shadow line right across the room (following a joist I believe). Now I hate it and wondered if I have any options apart from another skim.

Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alecgreen

be pateint. |Probably needs to fully dry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks!, tried that and thats what it is. Should a good plasterer do that easily?

Reply to
alecgreen

Thanks!, tried that and thats what it is. Should a good plasterer do that easily?

Lower the position of the lights?

Reply to
DerbyBoy

Surely the point of a plasterer is to give a flat ceiling? Sounds like it was a poor job. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If the ceilings in the original two rooms were at different levels by, say, half an inch, there's not much a plasterer can do. The fact that the OP was happy until the lighting was installed, suggests that the plastered did a pretty good job of feathering the two levels into one another.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Nope, the job of a plasterer is to do what the customer asks (and pays) him to do.

Often there is a rogue joist which is half an inch or more lower than it's neighbours, there is little a plasterer can do in this situation, unless the customer wants him to remove boards and affix packers to adjacent joists prior to re-boarding and plastering, but this is a rarity as no-one wants the expense or hassle.

Joists sometimes bow the opposite way too, but in these cases it's fairly straightforward to fill in the low spots

Reply to
Phil L