Decorating Problem

Hi, I have a bedroom which has a sloping ceiling at one end, its slopes on the window wall. I have had the room plastered recently which looked great, but after painting the ceiling white and the walls magnolia the join between the wall and ceiling is uneven and looks bad, especially being on the window wall. I have used using masking tape to define a straight line, but still looks bad. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alec green

Use a stick-on border to cover the join, and/or don't go from one colour to another along the bend in the wall. I.e. take the wall colour up the slope a bit or bring the ceiling colour down onto the wall a bit. Wall colour up the slope may help the room seem higher.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yup, even n nice square ceiling to wall joins I like to bring the ceiling colour down the wall a few mm. Lets you have a nice straight join without drawing the eye to any error in the corner.

Reply to
John Rumm

Piece of beading or something to define the actual line? I have a ceiling which is actually curved by the window, and this is a pain as well.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A length of architrave along the join worked well here.

Why not paint the walls and the ceiling the same colour? Both white or both magnolia.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I did the ceiling and the sloping wall in one colour, and the other three walls in a different one.

Reply to
S Viemeister

You mean that there's no corner where the two meet? And you're having trouble with where to stop the ceiling and wall colours?

You need to create a stop yourself, get a length of anything you fancy, nice moulding maybe or just plain architrave and affix to the flat of the wall before the curve begins, either paint it with the wall paint, pick it out in gloss or paint it with the ceiling paint

Reply to
Phil L

picture rail does the job and it's useful (for hanging clothes)

Reply to
stuart noble