Adhesive/glue to stick metal mar to wood?

The vinyl in our kitchen ends at the doorway where there is a step
down. To give a neat finish a gold coloured right-angled metal bar has
been placed over the wooden step.
However it is starting to lift in the middle.
What's the strongest glue/adhesive to re-stick such a bar to the wood?
Reply to
jgkgolf
Is this definately not meant to be screwed ?
If it has to be "glued" I would probably use epoxy.
This is a site that deals with adhesives for pretty much all situations.
site is American and as such tends to use american propreitry names but two minutes thought/googling can usually dredge up the uk equivalent.
Reply to
soup
In article ,
Evostick Serious glue works pretty well for most things. You'll need to keep it clamped or weighted for a few hours, though. Takes about 24 to reach full strength.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
> The vinyl in our kitchen ends at the doorway where there is a step > down. To give a neat finish a gold coloured right-angled metal bar has > been placed over the wooden step. > However it is starting to lift in the middle. > What's the strongest glue/adhesive to re-stick such a bar to the wood? Car body filler.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
(Not serious - sorry) The stuff they now clean pub tables with is sticky but only similar to the stuff on Post-its
Reply to
John

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in