Self Adhesive Vinyl Flooring

I am thinking of laying self adhesive vinyl flooring onto 6mm ply, probably from homebase, and wondered if anybody had experience of this stuff. Thanks

Reply to
sjones

Didn't know you could get self-adhesive stuff TBH - why would you want to? The normal stuff sticks down with d/s tape or whatever at the edges, and lies nice and flat.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I put self adhesive vinyl floor tiles in the conservatory. Did not have room under the door to lay normal tiles. The tiles were an imitation stone look so I laid them with a gap and grouted in between them. I had not heard of grouting vinyl tiles anywhere but it was not a big area so if all went wrong not a big job to rip them up and start again. I must admit that when it was finished it looked good and you could only tell they were not real stone by feeling them. But when the sun got on them and they got warm they started lifting. I spent last summer pushing them back down again when they lifted, but if any lift this summer I will take it up and stick it back down again with some glue.

Any suggestions for a glue to use would be appreciated. I am sticking them to a concrete floor.

They may stick better to ply and I think they would have been OK on concrete if it had not been a conservatory which gets quite hot.

Reply to
Simon

Thanks for that honest post. We've been given some 'wood' strips which we intend laying in the kitchen on ply. It doesn't get any sun but it might be affected by the oven heat.

Needs consideration, thanks again,

Mary

Mary

Reply to