Vinyl tiles on concrete floor

Just in the early stages of thinking about new flooring and wondered whether vinyl tiles would be glued directly to a concrete floor, or if you'd first place ply or hardboard. If ply/hardboard, how would you fix this to the floor? Thanks.

Use a smoothing underlayment first on the concrete, you'll get that from a local builders merchant. Then stick the tiles to the floor with the recommended adhesive.
Grumble
Grumble wrote:

My kitchen floor had been painted with bitumen paint, then contact adhesive went over that to lay the vinyl tiles.
Seemed to be in place ok ~45 years later when they came up so I could lay my terracotta tiles.
Cheers
Paul.
Grumps wrote:

Suppose it depends on the floor. I've done just that in my daughters house, but the concrete floor was fairly new & like a billiard table. They are still down 3 years later.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman