Baumatic ovens and hops

I have been using Screwfix extensively and have been very happy with their service and product quality.

They stock Baumatic ovens and I wonder if anyone has used them - I have never heard of the brand. How do they compare with the likes of Neff?

Reply to
Les Desser

I've had one of their ceramic hobs for 4 years. Looks good, cleans easily and it always works flawlessly when required. I expect Neff are pretty similar.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Baumatic are about the cheapest brand of oven/hob there is, they're downmarket to Neff; having said that I have absolutely no reason to fault Baumatic having bought 2 or 3 of their appliances over the past few years, and would do so again.

BTW Screwfix are definitely not the cheapest place to buy Baumatic: there are plenty of other internet outfits who are considerably cheaper. Haven't checked these specifically for you, but try:

watch out for VAT, hefty delivery fees (usually per item), and maybe a lengthy lead time on delivery.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I bought a Baumatic hob a few weeks ago and finally had it fitted yesterday. Apart from checking that it works we haven't actually used it yet. The price and service seemed very good from Panther Online -

is much confusion about whether the controls are front or side mounted on this model and the Baumatic website is the source of the confusion -

there are also pictures on the internet showing front mounted controls.

I phoned up Panther before placing the order and they physically checked the knob placement so that I was sure I was getting the right thing. The knobs are on the front, as per the txt, rather than on the side as depicted. I placed the order on 19th January and it was delivered in a sealed box by DHL-Securicor on 24th January.

Reply to
Tiny Tim

I just got a Baumatic hob from

wide range, very good price, (£209 for a Baumatic BF13), delivered (FOC IIRC) within 2 working days.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

In article , Derek ^ Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:36:31 writes

Thanks for all the feedback and links - very useful. Just looked at the screwfix site and in fact they have just dropped the Baumatic ovens in favour of Hotpoint, Indesit and Candy.

Reply to
Les Desser

I was expecting a home-brewing thread with that title :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yeah, what's the "hops" got to do with anything?

Reply to
RedOnRed

In message , Les Desser writes

Cheap but stylish end of the market. Huge range of variants, far more than many other brands. E.g. the basic

4 burner stainless hob (B60-B61 etc) is available with wire or cast iron pan supports, with or without Wok burner.

I've just installed a B72 "gas on glass" hob and BT26 hood. Both look the dogs danglies and work well. were the cheapest I found for these particular items, but the B905 oven (when I get round to ordering) will probably come from Miller Bros.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

In message , Tiny Tim writes

Yeah, just fitted one of those B72 hobs. Front controls as per text, not the photo. I don't know what the side-control picture is, as it's not got a Wok (triple crown) burner either.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

We have a Baumatic range, it's better built than many similar ones. Certainly infinitely better than the dire "Stoves" crap. It's also better than the Bosch stuff we have had in the past, and TBH I can't see any real difference in quality between Baumatic and the likes of Gaggenau/Neff/Miele.

I wouldn't buy from Screwfix, they're too damned expensive and you can get the same units cheaper on line.

I liked the fact that ours gave a choice of having a plinth or being mounted on stainless steel legs, came with jets for both LPG and methane and that it was one of the few available with a proper Wok burner and a fish kettle burner on the same hob.

Recently one of my clients has started to use Baumatic for installation in communal kitchens and they seem to stand up to heavy usage well. Their dishwasher is extremely quiet, the equal of the Miele that we have at present and we may well change to a Baumatic if the Miele ever wears out.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Wow! That is a great price for the B72BL hob - £40 less than Panther.

Reply to
Tiny Tim

In article , Steve Firth Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:53:22 writes

That is most interesting as I also need one shortly.

Anyone have any experience with their service/support?

Reply to
Les Desser

Get it from

instead then: although they're not very upfront about it it, they are owned by Millers, and cheaper.

David

Reply to
Lobster