Adding an extra 13A socket ...

So long as you over mark the wires correctly at both ends, then you are ok[1] doing that with a single cable (you can't overmark a protective conductor when wired in "singles" in conduit though).

Having said that many heating system components will be class I devices and require earthing anyway. So multicore flex is usually a better bet.

[1] in the sense that its permitted in BS7671, however its still poor practice IMHO, and I would not do it personally.
Reply to
John Rumm

NO. The bare wire should not be sleeved G/Y. That means earth. Find another colour

Reply to
charles

who said anything about a bare wire. This is not T&E but 3 core flex that has been used to connect the thermostat to the control centre.

Reply to
Chris B

Dennis did. And I am going to grass on him;-)

Reply to
ARW

then it should be oversleeved - at both ends.

Reply to
charles

Ah that old chestnut of putting your reply in the wrong place just to confuse the reader. :-) It worked. To confuse the reader even more Dennis said that there was no sleeving of any colour.

Reply to
Chris B

Too late, its gone.

Reply to