Kitchen cupboard door glass retainer bezel fixed with tiny protruding nails

Two of my kitchen cupboard doors each have a glass insert which is retained with a plastic/MDF moulding. In order to clean the glass and the door I removed the bezel after much prising to find that it is fixed with protruding tiny wire nails. It looks as if these nails are inserted horizontally in the factory, then the bezel is "sprung" into position (it has a fair bit of "give") so that the nails then pierce the MDF portion of the bezel and hold it firm.
But I can find NO mention of these nails or the fixing method anywhere on the internet, including YouTube.
Is anyone aware of what I'm referring to?
Thanks.
MM
MM wrote:

glazing pins?
On 20/09/2018 15:45, MM wrote:

In such circumstances, you will often find glazing beads are fixed with headless pins. These are normally shot from a 23 gauge pin nailer or similar. They are normally fired through the surface of the bead - but because they are so fine and have no head, they become difficult or impossible to see - especially after a bit of filling and finishing.
e.g. pin nailer being used for fitting a bit of moulding to a cabinet (in this case glued as well):
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:FixingMoulding.jpg
You can just about see the marks of the pins against the light colour wood:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/6e/FinalMouldingComposited.jpg
--
Cheers,

John.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:22:40 +0100, John Rumm

My bezels have no outward sign of a nail gun having been used. When the bezel is removed, the wires protrude about 6 mm from the receiving edge, i.e. the edge in the door, i.e. that's the amount they are inserted (somehow) into the inside edge of the bezel. There are four wires on the long edges and three on the top and bottom edges of the one-piece oblong bezel.
To refix my bezel I used very small 5/8" moulding pins, but pre-drilled the bezel first. As this is all on the *in*side of the door, you wouldn't know unless you looked very carefully.
I did one door only. After after seeing what trouble I'd given myself I didn't remove the second bezel from door #2, but cleaned the glass and door in-situ.
I'l draw a pic later.
MM