Adding a timer to a boiler

Hello all

I'm after some advice on the following: My boiler has no timer it, it has two switches on the wall, one turns the hot water on, the other one turns the central heating on (this one only works if the water switch is also on).

Can anyone advise me how I should wire a timer in, and also what timer I should get. Nothing fancy, I just want hot water and a warm house in the morning before I get up!

Many thanks

Simon Marshall

my email is a spam trap. replies to group only thanks.

Reply to
simonmarshall

The Horstmann C27 Centaur Plus Programmer

at about £25 will do what you want. The wiring diagram is quite simple, however I cannot advise if you are competant or not and you are dealing with 230v, at your own risk! I can email the instruction leaflet if required.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Pretty well any central heating programmer will do. Here's one range.

of course most sheds will also sell them.

My minimum spec would be an electronic one which has at least two on/off settings per day, and I'd choose the C27.

As regards wiring, you already have the switch returns at the existing switches, but you'll also need a neutral for the timer electronics.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Peter, many thanks for your advice, think I'll go for this. A wiring diagram would be much appreciated, my email is simonmarshall at hotmail dot co dot uk please add carpentry after my name.

I am not an electrician but am reasonably proficient at this sort of thing.

Best regards,

simon marshall

Reply to
simonmarshall